NY Strip~!

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
So my butcher cant measure. He cant measure and I don't know if he has access to a ruler.

Anyways this always leads me to getting this gigantic Flintstones style steaks. Which I am ok with, my wife gets mad at me every time I come home with some of these. These two I seasoned tonight and will reverse sear tomorrow. One has Franklins BBQ steak rub (gifted to me by a friend), and Pappy's Seasoning on the other. Will post some more photos for tomorrow, as I have some lobster tails as well to go along with these.

- G

All of the final photos. . .

So the Strip Steaks had some friends on the grill today. They met up with some lobster tails that were on sale from Safeway.

[/url

It has been a while since I have messed with the little "char" baskets that come with the Weber grills. But these came in useful tonight.

[url=https://imgur.com/rGZllxe]

The Lobster tails are something that were new for me to cook.

No real plated images for the steaks. But here is a picture of them sliced up and ready to serve.

(I wanted to add these to my initial post to update this thread. But it looks as if I do not have the ability to edit my posts).

- G

Nicely done and awesome cook!

I'd rather have your butcher problem. Down here, unless you go to a specialty butcher, you can't get anything over an inch at best. They did away with the butchers at the supermarkets that sell some quality meat but ruin it by having them precut before it hits the stores.

Awesome cook GammaRei. Nice job on those thick NY strips. Those Lobster Tails are too rich for my blood/wallet. But i would smash.

Nicely done and awesome cook!

I'd rather have your butcher problem. Down here, unless you go to a specialty butcher, you can't get anything over an inch at best. They did away with the butchers at the supermarkets that sell some quality meat but ruin it by having them precut before it hits the stores.

That sounds terrible. Many of the places up here are not as horrible, Safeway and Lucky's both have butchers that will custom cut steak for me, only if they feel like it. In the last week I have not been able to get any of them to cut anything for me. They seem to have become kind of apathetic. It doesn't change anything for them. The price of the meat still is the same. I totally fear the precut prepackaged meat. Target sells meat like that, it really freaks me out.

Awesome cook GammaRei. Nice job on those thick NY strips. Those Lobster Tails are too rich for my blood/wallet. But i would smash.

Thank you. Surprisingly those lobster tails only cost me $16 in total. They are always on sale on Veterans Day weekend. It worked out for me this weekend~!!!

- G

Thank you. Surprisingly those lobster tails only cost me $16 in total. They are always on sale on Veterans Day weekend. It worked out for me this weekend~!!!

- G

I am jealous. No joke. I have been lucky with snow crab, but i never get deals on lobster tails. You lucky sum B , lol :mrgreen:

Killer cook, GR... That's some skill to get the strip so uniformly done and the lobster tails speak for themselves. Perfect timing for the TD and your entry picture is spot on! :clap:

No one in their right mind argues with surf and turf. Sure the steaks were pretty thick, but who wants a thin one?

I think you would have much better luck with custom cuts if you called in the morning and make your request to be picked up later in the day. I do this at Fareway to get smaller sized roasts instead of the almost 4lb usuals.
Ed
Speaking of Fareway, I was at the counter a couple weeks ago and they were stuffing their brand brats and I asked him about seasoning recipe, and he says we just put a store brand packet of seasoning per 25lbs of ground pork. You want one it's $5 ???
Duh, yea boy!! Haven't tried it yet.

Back