THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
It's gonna be hard to picture some of this but do your best. :becky:

Another fire cook with the food about 25" over an oak/maple split fire...

Started with Eckrich style sausage, cast iron pan (empty) poblano peppers halved with SM rub, sweet Italian sausage, topped with cheddar and queso fresco shredded cheeses.

Fresh chicken breast jaccarded and seasoned with SPG went on next to the empty cast iron pan. (what's going in the dang cast iron pan?)!!! :boxing:

Soon enters a red bell pepper to get roasted over the fire, spun to get each side perfectly roasted all the way around. :grin: Hot Italian brats enter next cooking next to the pepper.

Slice off some butter chunks and drop in the cast iron pan.... Toss in frozen flounder fillets seasoned with wild thang rub. Next put a muffin pan upside down and putt in 6 small flour tortilla's for taco bowls. (Fish taco salad bowl on my brain)

Inside chopped up the fire grilled Eckrich style beef/chicken/pork sausage, chopped up red onion, garlic, diced jalapeno, freshly roasted red bell pepper sauted with some long grain rice with some olive oil until the pan get's sticky with the rice, now stirred in chicken stock from frozen cubes ...smoked chicken stock into the pan, cook a bit more and add white wine....simmer until thickens.

Made taco bowls with your choice from the flounder, juicy chicken breasts and chopped up Italian brats, served with the Jumbalaya....all served with avocado slices. Simmered taco seasoning to spoon in the taco bowls with some optional jalapeno sour cream dip. :shock:

The roasted poblamo stuffed peppers had the moisture puddling up in them! OMG GOOOOOOOOD! Sorry no pics. I was busy! :hungry:

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I'm not sure about the combo of fish and sausage, but as long as you enjoyed it, that's what counts!

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure about the combo of fish and sausage, but as long as you enjoyed it, that's what counts!

no they were mini taco bowls....make what you want. My first was a fish taco bowl.. next a chicken breast and third was one made with the hot Italian. I love this mini taco bowl concept, especially with it all cooked on the grill especially the taco bowls....crispy!

no they were mini taco bowls....make what you want. My first was a fish taco bowl.. next a chicken breast and third was one made with the hot Italian. I love this mini taco bowl concept, especially with it all cooked on the grill especially the taco bowls....crispy!

Got it. This sentence...

Made taco bowls with the flounder, juicy chicken breasts and chopped up Italian brats, served with the Jumbalaya....all served with avocado slices.

made it sounds like all of that was in one bowl :-D

I think you had a better evening than anyone in teal and black. :tsk:

Sounds delicious.

I think you had a better evening than anyone in teal and black. :tsk:

Sounds delicious.
I wanted a (light) super bowl meal and I ended up stuffing myself.lol. Definitely NOT complaining though as it was an incredible tasty outside fire cooked meal.

Defense does win championships...the saying stays true today that's fo sho

Homemade jumbalaya... Where the hell have i been? :noidea: I must be :crazy: Well no more!!! My exposure to jumbalaya has been from a mix... OMG that's garbage. I didn't know long grain rice could be so damn good!

Back