THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
OK so I needed to get a new grill ... yes GRILL to go with my various smokers. My wife gave me some very strict orders too ... had to be charcoal and not propane. Had to be simple and easy for her to use. Also needed a shelf to set food on.

Little looking around I decide to go with a Weber Performer 22" ... after deciding I did some web shopping crawls. Found Amazon Prime had the Weber Deluxe Performer 22" on sale for $349.00. Took that info down to Lowe's with me. They agreed to price match. I then used my $50 gift card I got from Lowe's when I bought the new stove and dishwasher earlier this year, bringing the total to $299.00. Then the nice lady behind the register swiped a 20% weekend coupon for me, I didn't even have to ask. Bringing the damage down to $239.00. I grabbed 4 bags of Kingsford (which was on sale), some more citrus grill cleaner, a new scrub brush, and a new chimney. All said and done my out the door was $303.86.

Got home and was ready to go. Even had a little helper.

20150418_185938_zps79aq0j88.jpg

Unloaded it and took everything out of the box, turned around and my little helper was triple checking to make sure I didn't miss anything. That box staid in the living room for over 2 weeks ... kids love boxes!

20150418_192709_zpsp9yfiqmb.jpg

The instructions for putting the grill together were pretty straight forward. Took about an hour or so and only had one "OMG" moment.

20150418_193509_zps0tacsm46.jpg

20150418_203241_zpscnazujlj.jpg

20150418_203808_zpsum4pcpqb.jpg

Will post the burn in / first cook pics in a different thread. Can honestly say - I do like this grill. Easy to control temp, plenty of space too. With it next to my Lil' Texas Elite, I now have a staging area without having to bust out my table. Very happy and so is the wife!

Great deal and that is a nice color. I wish I would have sprung the extra for the Performer but I had no idea I would be using it so much. Not having a side table is a pita.

Back