Need some help with a big cook!

I began the adventure with a haircut. One thing I have learned its best to look good when you fail. We got both smokers loaded and rolling by 2p. We were running a bit late due to several hang ups with other deliveries and lack of help. Everything is now prepped and I was able to fit 54 butts on the Ole Hickory and 18 on the off set. We got some meat that resembled a whole hog leg. So, I thought 54 on the ole hickory was good. We have another load of 18 and 10 briskets to put on at 11p when these ones are off to bed.
Here's a picture of the operation during prep and of the meat.

Will post later.

Finally got the last 18 butts and 10 briskets on for the late lunch dinner crowd. The whole load took 12 hours and still wasn't completely done. It's 0415 and I'm loading up to take the refrigerated trailer to the venue with the 3000 burgers, 3000 hot dogs, 8000 buns and 1500 bottles of water. The day is not over and there is no time for sleep. I did get the chance to have some rum and a nice Romeo y Julieta Reserve, sitting next to the fire with my crew-mates.
I will not want to bbq for at least a couple months. More to come.

I will not want to bbq for at least a couple months. More to come.
Yea, we all say that:razz: It takes me all of about two days to want to cook again..lol But, I've benn told I am crazy..ha ha:playball:

Well, we made it through.....I'm beat. I was up 41 hours straight. We fired up the smokers and began at 2p on Saturday and cooked all 90 pork shoulders and 10 briskets in 20 hours. The shoulders were amazing and the briskets were better than amazing! Everything worked out great. Did the briskets at 275-300* for 6 hours untouched. 8/10 probed like butter, then wrapped them and let them rest in the warmers until they were served. Everyone loved the brisket. The shoulders were good too, but if i had to pick, it would always be brisket. We were busy the whole day. Between keeping up with meat and grilling up Omaha Steaks hamburgers and hotdogs, and overseeing everything. It was a great test in logistics and planning, and how things will eventually go wrong. But, overall it was a blast. Here are some pictures from yesterday.....or Saturday....or.....whatever, it's all the same day to me.
Here is most of the cooking crew, minus a couple:

Me checking the temp on the first batch:

At the event, got caught drinking on the job with another satisfied customer:

Here is the food service area where we were serving to the people:

Over floor picture. The stage with live music is to the right.

Tasty brisket doing it's thing.

Sorry, no money shots. Didn't have time to take a picture of the smoke ring. But, I did have a certified KCBS barbecue judge tell me is was very good and would rank high in a competition. Thanks everyone here for the help. I'm glad my planning in advance worked out. Check out the photos on the web.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/thousands-out-to-show-support-for-officer-kerrie-orozco-s/article_f79ba810-1db4-11e5-9d60-4f40c7ce2e35.html

Very nice job DB... You'll probably want some BBQ by the time you wake up. Next week...

Good job Sir...

Back