Need some brisket advice STAT!

Royalslover

Full Fledged Farker
OK here's the 911; I smoked on my new (to me) ABS Pit Boss last night-three packers. However I did separate them before hand as has been my recent practice. I had some problems with the ABS and it got pretty hot and I took them off about 4 AM and wrapped in bp and slapped them in the over. Everything except one flat was done by 8 AM. Here's my question; do you have any advice on how to keep it good and moist until we eat around 6 this evening? I have them resting in my poor man's yetti but I think they are a tad dry. I am thinking about slicing all of it and putting it in a roaster with some kind of broth solution. What advice do the pros have for me?

I would try to avoid slicing at all costs if your goal is to continue holding and serve same day. If you can keep the temp in your cooler at or above 150 they ought to hold all day long. If you must, you could try slicing part of one brisket since you have three briskets to see what you’re working with. What makes you think they are dry? Dry and crumbly or dry and tough? If so, you’re either over or undercooked, respectively.

I should have mentioned that I wasn't planning on slicing it until basically right before we eat. I checked out each piece and a lot of it will be fine but some of the edges were a bit dry....

Make a brisket dip or something to pour/ paint on each slice when you serve. I’ve done this when I screwed up and no one was none the wiser haha

Had a similar experience where I swore the meat was overcooked. I wrapped it up tight in butcher paper and towels and left it holding in a cooler for hours. It came out perfect. There is some magic involved in holding that I don't fully understand but Hey! Clap your hands. I believe in fairies.

Some ideas
1-re-I eject with juices from the brisket when you wrap and/or when they are done. This assumes cooking them in a pan, at least after wrapping.
2-After rearing them 2 hours alive than amd portion them in freezer bags puttingaome juice in each bag.
3-warm th e m whole in a 250 oven for an hour or to 150.
4-Bag them in 175 degree water for 45 minutes.
Just some ideas. I have used all of these and th d y all work but results vary.

Back