My old smoker

KB BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Kenny
IMG_20220129_192517083~2.jpg
23 years ago I gave my New Braunfels smoker to my longtime friend. I was at his house tonight having a few beers and cooking up some BBQ. We were talking about the modifications that were made to it and what might still need to be modified. Another beer was finished and I realized how much experience I got from that smoker when I owned it and all the years he was able to gain experience from that same smoker. He is on my BBQ competition team now, has a new Lonestar Grillz smoker on order and has all the experience he needs to confidently run the new offset when it arrives. He mentioned his nephew wants his old smoker. Pretty cool that one smoker has given me and my friend, and now his nephew the experience of offset smoking. And the beat goes on..

Last edited:
Great story! I gave my first smoker to my coworker as she was always asking or showing interest in BBQ. I'm not sure how much they have used it as I'm not in contact all that often with her anymore but I know it has been used a couple times. Always nice to help a friend out when you can.

Have the exact NB Smoker. Got it back in the early 80's
Completly restoring it and adding tuning plates and stack mod.
Will be giving to my grandson who is starting to learn his way around a offset
Thanks for your post.

Back