THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temp controller

Looks like you did good. I like to have the thin blue smoke and have my grill stable at the temp I want for an hour or so. I find that my cooks are better if I have my target temp stable before putting on the meat. If you are nervous about your temps consider something like a guru. Don't be afraid to post your failures. You will get lots of good advice that will make it a learning experience and the next cook will be better

I completely agree with Big George. A temp controller will peg the temp and allow you to sleep (and use less coal). See my other posts if you want to see how my recent purchase helped me do a brisket at 225*F.

Great job! :clap: Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind comments and helpful info.

Wish my first one turned out that well. BTW, I've done a 16 pound brisket on my 18" WSM.

Nice! This is good to know because when I was in walmart yesterday they had a bunch of Choice $2.47lb brisket. I neglected getting one because they were all 12-13lbs. Might go back today.

It's hard to post as a newbie when there are a ton of guys here that are absolute pros. But, when you nail it, you nail it. Good job!

anyone who says they have never had a bad cook is full of it. The beauty of a live cook thread (and why they get so many hits) is that a brethren is putting themselves out there so vurnable. Anything can happen

Couldn't agree more. Anyone can screw up a cook. All it takes is 1 too many beers or a game being to close and BAM....pizza for dinner. My first few briskets didn't look this good.

looks good man...i still havent attempted my first brisket....kinda scared to screw up a $70 piece of meat

C'mon...put your big girl panties on and get after it.:becky: Weren't you born in Texas??? Brisket should still be in your dna somewhere.

Back