My first batch of ABT's and a meatloaf

unixadm

Take a breath!
I've been cooking low and slow for several years now, but I never got around to making some ABT's. I'm not sure why but I solved that problem yesterday when I made a small test batch. I'm having a party at the end of the month and thought these would be good finger foods. Now that I made them and they tasted absolutely awesome, I'll make around 60 or so of them during my next batch. I wasn't out to win any art awards yesterday and threw these together very quickly.

- Cheap grocery store brand thin bacon
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- Smoked Paprika
- Teaspoon of Worcestor sauce
- Sprinkle of Cayenne
- Real bacon bits
- Jalapeños
- Lil Smokies

I halved the peppers and then filled them with the cheese mixture, placed a lil smokie in half of them and then wrapped in a half piece of bacon. I dusted half with Obie Cue's rub and the other in EAT BBA's Zero to Hero. Cooked at around 275 degrees for a little over an hour until the bacon looked done. YUM.

20130914_151844.jpg

20130914_163132.jpg

Then I made a meatloaf using McCormick's meatloaf mix with some italian bread crumbs, a little BBQ sauce and some diced white onion. Cooked at 350 degrees until it was 160 IT. When it hit 150, I applied some BBQ sauce. The recipe on the packet called for grated colby jack cheese which I bought but promptly forgot to put on during the last 15 minutes (darn wine). It was a pretty good meatloaf. I've had better, but it was my first attempt at one on any of my cookers.

20130914_171650.jpg

20130914_184155.jpg

20130914_184741.jpg

Everything was cooked on my Fast Eddy PG1000 Pellet Grill.

Back