MSU pork burger and a surf 'n surf dinner

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I had a hankerin' for some sausage yesterday so I ground up a Boston butt...needed a quick lunch today so I decided to make a patty out of the ground pork in the fridge and pan fry in cast iron - no time for the grill today. I seasoned it with Big Papa Smokers Steak rub and got a nice sear on both sides. A slice of Gouda on top, then onto a bun with mayo and spring lettuce mix (I normally can't stand this in a regular salad) but MSU so...

It actually turned out really good...I'll probably add more pork burgers into the rotation from now on. The Gouda/spring mix/pork combo worked surprisingly well.

I impulse bought some scallops while shopping the other day and paired them up with shrimp that I had in the freezer. Scallops just got olive oil + sea salt and black pepper, the shrimp were seasoned with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime. Corn on the cob wrapped in foil + butter, and asparagus with basil infused olive oil + salt + pepper. One of the healthier (and tasty) meals I've had lately :laugh: cooked on the Primo XL with Jealous Devil charcoal.

Thanks for lookin :becky:

Last edited:
Everything looks great, but the seafood cook looks like something my wife would really enjoy. I'll have to make a note to do that for her soon. Nicely done!

With my wife's sever seafood allergy, I have had to give up seafood. That really hit the spot and took me back to another time in life. Thank You.
Ground Pork burgers are a great way to add flavor to a meal. Many different seasonings and tastes to create some goodness on a bun!! A much under appreciated meal.:thumb::thumb:

With my wife's sever seafood allergy, I have had to give up seafood. That really hit the spot and took me back to another time in life. Thank You.
Ground Pork burgers are a great way to add flavor to a meal. Many different seasonings and tastes to create some goodness on a bun!! A much under appreciated meal.:thumb::thumb:

I’m pretty sure I have a mild shellfish allergy that only really manifests itself by “stomach issues” when I eat large quantities. All you can eat crab legs is definitely my favorite meal ever but I eat a ton of em and well...you can imagine the rest....STILL WORTH IT :becky: luckily it’s not the kind of allergy that causes my throat to swell or anything like that.

Back