THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigjonsBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
I have made moink balls in the past, but I just had a question, since I am trying them with homemade meatballs this weekend. Would I pre cook the meatballs then wrap them in bacon? Was going to pan fry the meatballs then wrap them. Or should I just wrap bacon around the raw meatballs and cook it that way. I have only used the store bought frozen meatballs, so I am not sure which way would be better with homemade meatballs. Thanks for any help in advance! :-o

Same. I use a cookie scooper so they are all uniform in size. Wrap them with bacon and throw about 5 or 6 on shish kabob skewers. Cook them for about 30-45 minutes at 400 or until bacon is crispy.

Technically, for MOINK balls (all-caps), they must be made with store-bought frozen Italian meatballs, unless they are unavailable where you are. But since you are making moink balls, I guess it it okay to make your own meatballs.

CD :becky:

Technically, for MOINK balls (all-caps), they must be made with store-bought frozen Italian meatballs, unless they are unavailable where you are. But since you are making moink balls, I guess it it okay to make your own meatballs.

CD :becky:

While that might be technically true, fresh is always better.

Back