THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First off, this class was great. Melissa is one of the most humble bbq'ers I know for her success level. She will answer any and all questions you have. We got an opportunity to get hands on and trim meat. What she cooked and taught us was exactly what won her Memphis in May and the Kingsford Invitational. Her husband, who doesn't get much credit for their teams success is a great man as well.
The opportunity to see and taste MIM Ribs vs. KCBS Ribs side-by-side was awesome. Hearing an example of a speech she would give judges when they arrive to her sight. She cooked a Wagyu vs. a CAB to show people she subtle difference in the end product for the judges. Her and her husband would take the time to make sure you understood exactly what they do with their pork to be so successful with it. Having a better understanding of the muscle break down of the whole shoulder vs. the boston butt was very informative. They cooked so much meat to ensure everyone could feel and taste the texture of the meat from all the different parts of the pig. I wish them all the luck in the future, they are a couple that truly do deserve it, because they are grateful for every little thing they have and they know it.

As Dan stated above, Melissa and her husband Pete put on a wonderful class. The class was very thorough in explaining the differences between KCBS and MBN formats and their approach to each contest. All facets were covered, meat procurement, preparation, cooking and presentation. Tons of information.

Special thanks goes to Dan, who was responsible in getting Melissa and Pete to commit to this class. I look forward to seeing you on the circuit!

Back