Meatloaf’s Greatest Hits

Thanks!

They have dehydrated celery at the store, but i have some fresh frozen in a mirepoix mix. Think I'll just throw that in. The carrots won't do much but add color. Have a Cajun mirepoix mix with green peppers instead of carrots. That would work too.

Thanks!

They have dehydrated celery at the store, but i have some fresh frozen in a mirepoix mix. Think I'll just throw that in. The carrots won't do much but add color. Have a Cajun mirepoix mix with green peppers instead of carrots. That would work too.

Yes to all of that!

Thanks!

It would be magical with some roasted hatch chilies, but I don’t have access to that..

Now if I was Adams…..

It would indeed, but I don't have any either. Maybe put some poblanos in it? The beauty of meatloaf is it's whatever you want it to be. But we love mushroom gouda burgers, so.....

8e18f8363bdfe06e9dddf760192cfe20.jpg

That is a thing of beauty!
I can't for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been posted yet, and this is page 2??? :noidea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

Meat loaf's in the oven. A little too cold tonight to cook outdoors. Not used to the cold yet.

Added some Umami and Porcini powder along with the Q-Salt, used a smoked Gouda. With all the mushrooms it was a bit too big for My Favorite Redhead and me, so I split it into two loaves and will freeze one for later.

Thanks for the inspiration, SirPorkalot!

Here's how I did it.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1/3 lb mushrooms chopped
1/3 lb smoked gouda cheese cubed
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (or any)
2 eggs
2 tsp porcini powder
2 tsp Q-Salt ( a friend makes and markets it. Any seasoned salt will do)
2 tsp Umamai powder
5 cloves of garlic
1 cup trinity (onions, celery and green pepper)

Mix all together, reserving 1 tsp of Q-Salt for the top. 350 until it reaches 160 internally.

Last edited:
Thanks OP for the inspiration! Came out very interesting. Never did smoked nor stuffed meatloaf before!

Couldn't waste the juices, so I put some taters under it. They came out a bit too smokey... which I should have expected, but got lazy after a few beers :rolleyes:. Next time I would just leave the empty pan and put the mash in for less time towards the end. But still good eats!

cqoPWfT.jpg

DcQ34rb.jpg

VHyBooR.jpg

Dcqx97u.jpg

Hi John,

What are the approximate time and smoking temp?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back