THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lashing1c

Knows what a fatty is.
Had the day off yesterday so I fired up the UDS to make some food for lunches, dinners, and giveaways to friends for the week.

Couple of Racks of Baby Backs
I used the a method similar to 3-2-1 but with baby backs I like someting closer to 2-1-120150720_082036.jpg

I did some chicken thighs. These work great for lunch or to make
sandwiches out of them.20150720_125205.jpg

Just simple seasoning then some BBQ at the end. I like to do them on the lower rack of the UDS closer to the heat. Flipping them once to get some grill marks on the Skin. I start them skin up.

Then I did some Thick Cut Pork Chops for a friends. I made a glaze out of Apple Bourbon, honey, and little siracha. I typically only cook them to about 140-145. There is know pink in the middle but they come out so juice. I really like to get them with the bone in as well.20150720_171830.jpg

Got a picture of the finished plate. I do what my dad used to call Hobo Potatoes.... New reds in tin foil with some onions. I like to finish them with some butter and Onion soup mix. They are also a hit and make great breakfast potatoes.20150720_175157.jpg

I also made some ranch slaw. I add some slaw, ranch, red onion, cumin, corn, cheddar cheese, and cilantro. Sometimes some finely chopped jalapeno if I feeling frisky.

Thanks for looking.

Back