Me versus The Bride

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I went and hiked Palo Duro Canyon State Park a couple hours. She went to dds and replaced two cracked fillings and a crown prep. Heck no we ain't eating out this month. She has one more filling and one more crown to go. I cooked sour cream red potato mashed and topped with Southside Market Beef Sausage and captured juices. Sausage cooked over flame on pellet cooker.
Pedialyte children's powder drink for me.

Last edited:
That looks killer Adams!

Quick question…

Do you carry a PLB while hiking solo?

That looks killer Adams!

Quick question…

Do you carry a PLB while hiking solo?

Sort of. My regular everyday phone is a Nokia 5G Smart runs on Verizon Towers. It's also my camera.. Verizon is a dead spot anywhere below the Canyon Rim. Therefore I purchased an ATT 4G Flip sort of smart. It has had signal everytime I've looked at it on every Trail I've been on. When I hike or ride bike I have it with me and location turned on. Allegedly 911 on ATT can be pinpointed if location is turned on. As well when I go solo I tell The Bride exactly which Trail or trails and specific area. If I change my mind I'll call her or text and advise the new location. I also let her know when I'm out of the canyon.

The ATT runs about $30 month. Seems expensive but if you became injured or a venomous snake tags you just right ---you have about 15 minutes before seeing 99 Red Balloons.

Last edited:
Good eats and a good day.... all but the tooth problem. Hope that goes well!
What is the Pedialyte drink for?

That works out well then! #donthikewithoutit

I’m going on a 2week solo camping trip on mostly BLM land in Utah and Arizona early next spring, most of the time zero cell service. I’m researching SAT PLB Messengers, Mrs. 4ever3 all but demands it. Safety first

That works out well then! #donthikewithoutit

I’m going on a 2week solo camping trip on mostly BLM land in Utah and Arizona early next spring, most of the time zero cell service. I’m researching SAT PLB Messengers, Mrs. 4ever3 all but demands it. Safety first

I was reading on a San Juan Mountain forum and Garmin InReach seemed really popular. There is one that is just under $500 and the annual plan was quite reasonable. Long battery life, Talk, text, emergency location activation. Bride offered that and may be overkill for my needs,but a lifesaver in some 14000 ft bowl in the Rockies

Back