MAY BE smoking next week..need a rub and sauce suggestion!

mattdean1003

Knows what a fatty is.
My surgery on June 21 went very well and I'm slowly recovering from it, learning to bend my right leg again. I had some plica removed as it was getting caught or something. Anyways, each day is a step closer to being able to walk again and getting back to work. It also means that once I get back on my feet fully, I'll be able to use my smoker later on. My girlfriend was talking about trying it out herself next week and she was wanting to do some ribs. What are some good rubs and sauces? I wanna try something different than KC Masterpiece and the generic Kraft sauces, etc. Sweet Seduction is good from what I've read and I know personally we like the Grillmates Sweet n Smoky rub on our butts. I know I'm probably going to get a cazillion responses, but this site IS what inspired me to build my UDS.

Dad also wants to try doing a brisket. Everyone's using this thing before me! lol. I enjoy watching them though. The food everyone has done has been great, and they've all been able to keep the temps down low. I just sit back with my crutches and watch.

Take a look at what rubs and sauces the Bretheren are making and selling. Better to get it from a pro than a grocery clerk.

Take a look at what rubs and sauces the Bretheren are making and selling. Better to get it from a pro than a grocery clerk.

I agree. U use to use the Walmart rubs & sauces then I ordered my first professional rubs from Oakridge BBQ and my BBQ went to a whole new level!

Back