THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TonyT

is one Smokin' Farker
Few years ago I got to try the original beef sausage from Southside Market in Elgin and loved it. Great beef flavor and some nice peppery spices. Can't find any near me and all the places in Texas that ship are pretty expensive at around $50 for 5 packs (20 sausages) plus ~$40-$50 to ship to CA.

Trying to get some as good/similar for family and friends to try this holiday season. Any help would be great, thanks!

You mean these?

c4bc8293a9b5a3c599fb77303f7372f6.jpg

4e2a5fd0e6875c5f989b345fa088a2e8.jpg

I found these at my Signature Kroger but maybe an affiliate store in your area carry them or can order them.

I've had the best luck by going to TX and filling up a cooler to bring 'em back. Granted, it's not the most practical option.
That said, I did it last weekend. :whoo:

If you've got the time and inclination, home made beef sausage is pretty dang good and will tide you over between trips to TX. The recipe here is a great starting point and I've gotten great comments on the batches I've made. If you're smoking at low temps by all means throw the proper amount of cure in there.

Other than that, as far as I know, it just takes a bunch of $$.

Sam's has these from San Antonio. Costco has the organic version.

0002687511712_A

Czar - that's the brand I tried. Love the original ones

gtr - that $40-$50 shipping aint looking so bad compared to a southwest ticket lol

ssv3 - thanks! gonna have to try these out soon

Back