THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Well fellas...the UPS man brought me a few goodies this past week. Two of them were Simply marvelous sweet seduction and simply marvelous pecan rub.

First I'll get this outta the way. IMO sweet seduction is just not for me. I tried it on pork, chicken and beef and in no way will I be using it by itself on any future cooks. I already have a go-to sweet rub in my homemade Wolfe rub original and it's fantastic, but the reviews were too much for me to resist. My own fault to try and fill a space that didn't need filling. If anybody near Marion would like to give it a shot I'll give it to ya free of charge. Not bad, just not my bag.

Nooooowwwww. I think I've found my FAVORITE new rub for outside of a charcoal grilled burger in the Pecan rub. Out freaking standing!!! I like a burger done with seasoning on the outside and nothing inside so I can taste BEEF on the inside. Just tasting it on my finger I had doubts I'd even like this stuff, but liberally dusted each thick patty on both sides and set them in the fridge for about 20 minutes while the fire got ready. Onto the weber with grill grates leaving the top off to char/caramelize the rub and burger without overcooking the inside then as the fat and juices start to come out, close the lid to finish them off to about medium. Straight up...I was a FOOL for doubting this rub! I made 8 1/3lb patties and between my GF and I not ONE....NOT ONE made it to an actual sammich!! Fantastic flavor. Hats off to Simply Marvelous rubs. I will not be without the pecan rub in my cabinet from now on!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That rub is great! Try it on ribs. It blends with pork really well too.

I love the way the pecan flavor is subtle and sorta floats on the back of your tongue. And don't worry bud. I've got plans for this stuff!

I was thinking it may work well with grilled leg of lamb..........if I could force myself to change my usual. It'll be tough. Cause I think garlic, rosemary, thyme, S&P and olive oil on lamb is one of life's great pleasures.:becky:

big brother smoke, sir ya'll coulda shipped me rocks in shakers so long as one had the pecan rub. Gooooood stuff. I'll be checking out a few others soon.

Hey Neighbor,
Glad you discovered SM Pecan. I've got the 7 pack and I love them all.
I've used the pecan rub on pork, but I didn't think to try it on burgers.
Will do this week.
BTW, I just got home from some great Q at the Shovel Head in Swannanoa. Gary made 8 boston butts for a benefit Q dinner. Yipes there are some terrific pitmasters here in Black Mountain.

JP

Hey Neighbor,
Glad you discovered SM Pecan. I've got the 7 pack and I love them all.
I've used the pecan rub on pork, but I didn't think to try it on burgers.
Will do this week.
BTW, I just got home from some great Q at the Shovel Head in Swannanoa. Gary made 8 boston butts for a benefit Q dinner. Yipes there are some terrific pitmasters here in Black Mountain.

JP

Well well well......NOW look who's discovering new things before me in my own dang back yard!!!

The shovelhead used to be a dubious joint called the Do Drop In. On that info alone I was slooow in checking it out. IT WILL NOT BE LONG NOW before I check it out after a glowing review like that!

If ya wanna pick up $1000 bucks there's a pizza joint in Black mountain that gives two people an hour to eat a 40 inch pizza. My girlfriend lost her job recently and told them we'd be back to claim our money. LOL!!

As far as popitude goes, I was just a hair's breath away from ordering, but couldn't find any word on it myself.

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone tried popitude yet? any reviews?

Yes! Thanks to big brother smoke. He included a bottle in the GM TD prize package. I had a full rack of smoked St. Louis style ribs vac packed and tried it on those. It's not called Popitude for nothing! It enhanced the flavor of the pork while adding another layer of flavor. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 12! :thumb:

Back