"Let's Smoke Some Fatties!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Wednesday, July 5th!!

Gonna try to squeeze in another fatty before the deadline

“The Texan Ultimate Cheesesteak Fatty”

That would be great - looking forward! Be sure to specify it's an entry and if more than one photo, let us know which you want used for voting.

I'm assuming your earlier post with multiple photos was illustrative as you didn't declare it an entry and only one entry is used for voting on bi-weekly Throwdowns.

It’s a simple cook but super tasty

Smoke a Eye of Round to med rare. Slice super thin and sauté green peppers, onions, jalapeños and mushrooms. Grab a flank steak and stuff it with that mix with some cheese of your choice. Smoke that flake steak at 250-275 and spray with oil once half way and sometimes I flip it. Slice that super thin and toast a few sub breads.

Hope I have time to do this cuz all the ingredients are in the fridge

It’s tasty y’all

This my official entry for the Throwdown! The photo of the fatties on the smoker is my submission.

Just playing around this morning... Had an idea of what I wanted to accomplish, but didn't quite achieve maximum results! :-(

The flavor profile was pineapple, green onion, pulled pork and cheese, but I think I was trying to cram too much flavor in a small fatty. I probably would of had better success had I mage one large fatty. I chopped up green onions and pineapple (thoroughly squeezed the pineapple dry) and mixed it in with the cream cheese. Added a bit of pulled pork and cheddar cheese, sealed it up, seasoned with Heath Riles Apple seasoning, wrapped in bacon, and put on the barrel and smoked for about 90 minutes with Apple chunks.

I also meant to add some Jalapeno pepper, but the store I stopped at was out and I didn't feel like chasing around.

So... They looked great (IMHO) but the cheddar cheese was a distraction, there wasn't enough cream cheese, and I needed the heat. Tenderness, smoke & bacon flavor was all there, so all in all I guess I'm happy with this.

Now on to making some bacon jam for tonight's burgers!

Attachments

• Fatty Assemble-1.jpg
    Fatty Assemble-1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Fatty Cook-2.jpg
    Fatty Cook-2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Fatty Eat-3.jpg
    Fatty Eat-3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 49
Back