THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Work has been crazy and not in a fun way this past week, the closest I've gotten to grilling anything has been poaching some sausages I stuffed in water and then pan frying for a quick lunch. But there's a Brethren chicken breast Throwdown that ends tomorrow, and finally I caught a reprieve and could fire up the grill.

Because it was such short notice I didn't have time to do any sort of especially creative recipe or one that required advanced prep like a marinade, so I stopped at the store, got some chicken breasts, then sliced them down the middle to make two pieces that are a little less thick. I used an Italian dressing seasoning and some olive oil to whip up a quick oil slather/marinade thing and they chilled in the fridge for about an hour while the grill came up to temp.

Once the chicken was done I grilled up some quick and easy canned pineapple slices, then put a couple slices of Swiss cheese on two pieces of chicken breast, topped mine with bacon (wife didn't want any bacon on hers :loco:) then two grilled pineapple slices on each. Brioche buns toasted on the grill, then mayo on each for a hydrophobic layer, place chicken/cheese/bacon/pineapple concoction onto bun, then top with alfalfa sprouts. Steak style fries in the countertop deep fryer, voila!

I present to you the "Last minute MSU grilled chicken breast sandwich". It was tasty :clap2: it was nice to be manning the grill again :thumb:

My <3 IPA....or any beer for that matter

uTnooNv.jpg

Oh yeah!!

The bacon, the pineapple, the skin on wedges and the suds blew that chicken breast concoction to the moon. Nice!

That is a pretty impressive "last minute, nothing too fancy" entry. I'd be happy with that if I spent two days planning it! You have an awesome sandwich there, brother.

Back