Johnny Trigg-allegedly

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
One recipe attributed to Mr Trigg involves Williams Rib Tickler Seasoning. Bought some. I’m not strictly following his attributed recipe. I’m adding real butter, 1/2 airline bottle of Jack Daniels Apple. There is Tiger Sauce and honey. Duroc rack bought before the price spike. Plus a couple Fattys

Last edited:
Looking good.

Wife prefers them sticky, gooey so I’ll do em up like you are sometimes. I just like ribs and eat em anyway so long as it was Q’d.

Looking good from here, that's the way the wife likes them. Leaving the brown sugar out makes them not too sweet. The butter makes them falloffthebone, honey a little sweet, and the Tiger Sauce gives them a little bite.

Smoking Guns BBQ Rub (HOT version) should also be in there. Seeing Johnny Trigg was, to me, like seeing Bob Hope during my military years.

She simmers & stirs liquids and spices just until sugar dissolves. Let’s cool. Pours over onions and cucumbers in a bowl —covers and refrigerates at least overnight.

3/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
3/4 Cup Rice vinegar
1/4 Cup sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
4 sliced cucumbers
1 Vidalia or sweet onion
1/2 red onion

We’ve also made them with just white vinegar, water, salt and pepper sometimes adding a clove of smashed garlic

Any veggie works

Thanks sir! I am a big fan of quick pickling. Always looking for a different flavor profile.

Tried radishes this way a couple months back...tasted phenomenal, smelled like a waste treatment plant. Radish must be high in sulfur or something.

Back