THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheMoth

Knows what a fatty is.
I was inspired by Ron's post last week (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234916) and wanted to make some Jerk Tenderloin.

I used the same recipe for the Jerk marinade (from Phrasty):

6 Spring Onions (escallion)
1-3 Scotch Bonnet peppers (Depending on how hot you want it.)
2 tsp Allspice berries or 1 tsp ground allspice (Pimento)
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp brown sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup cane vinegar or distilled (white) malt vinegar
1 tbsp oil

Blended into a paste and marinaded for ~24hours.

Hooked and ready for the PBC (along with some chicken for later in the week):

cB9OggNl.jpg

Hanging...

edSzDKFl.jpg

About 45 minutes later and 145F:

apQczmAl.jpg

And plated. I made some mango salsa (which went great with the heat of the jerk) along with rice and beans and a vegetable rundown for sides.

TaSN9NPl.jpg

I was a bit disappointed in the rice and beans - was missing some flavor. Overall a great meal though. Thanks for the inspiration Ron and for the great marinade Phrasty!

Nice job! I'm going to do that again this week.

Take a look at some of Phrasty's posts. He may have a recipe for Jamaican rice and peas on here somewhere.

Funny I mentioned jerk tenderloin in a post yesterday, afterward, I got online and checked out the supermarket flyers to see who has pork tenderloin on sale. It's been too long since I've made that, and it's pretty quick and easy. Yours looks great

Back