THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dport7

is One Chatty Farker
Not Q, so if this is in the wrong place Mods, please move it for me.

Picked peppers last night. Thought Jalapeño poppers instead of chipotle,
so, sliced some of them in half.
v5ij4m.jpg

cleaned them out with a 1/2 tea spoon measurer, laid them out.
Seeds for next years stock.

2potjxs.jpg

My boys are always telling me they like em hot, so, I seeded and sliced some Scotch Bonnet" habanero" to lace into the poppers. More seeds for next years stock.
161icdd.jpg

6z57o6.jpg

After I laced them with habanero, I filled them with cream cheese, not to much though, I didn't want to ruin the experience.
I also sprinkled them with smoked cayenne pepper.
2lvzb53.jpg

After that, I rolled them in Panko crumbs, for extra crunch.
qpkwn6.jpg

Then into the freezer for a couple hours till frozen solid and vacuum sealed
20 or so in a bag, and back in the freezer.
o8zamt.jpg

When I want them, I'll take one bag out, wrap in bacon, and over the open fire till the bacon is done and enjoy the sweet heat.

Thanks for lookin.

Excellent! What month do you start your seeds?

Down here, zone 7, 1st batch around end of Feb. then every three weeks till mid april. Thats for peppers. This year I ended up with 40 or so nice plants, out of probably 70 starts. Peppers are tough for me to get going.

Looks like its party time, don't rub your eyes

Looks like prep cook for Q, so this is probably the right place. Nice job. Hope you wore gloves...
Yep gloves are a must for prepping hot peppers (especially them habaneros) but at least wash your hand WELL afterwards and for heavens sake don't take a leak before you do!!!:shocked::p
Good lookin' ABTs pardner!:thumb:

Looks like its party time, don't rub your eyes

Looks like prep cook for Q, so this is probably the right place. Nice job. Hope you wore gloves...

Yep gloves are a must for prepping hot peppers (especially them habaneros) but at least wash your hand WELL afterwards and for heavens sake don't take a leak before you do!!!:shocked::p
Good lookin' ABTs pardner!:thumb:

I LOL now, I did that a couple years back with the habanero peppers, boy did I get burnt, and yes, I did rub my eyes and go to the bathroom. It's funny now, wasn't that day.

last year I smoked cayenne peppers till dry in my okie joe, they were real crumbly, so, I thought, I'll just crumble them up with my fingers, wrong,
My fingers burnt for three days, bad burning.

I nicked the one glove just a little when doing these, so I stopped and changed it, no chances.

Great idea to make them in advance Dport! Thanks for the post!

Your welcome cowgirl. I learn a lot from people at the farmers market.
It's every Wednesday, just a couple miles from my house.

The people that sell there have a lot of good advice and sell a lot of good homemade stuff.

Back