Issues getting Pint in back of truck!

sniperfx

Full Fledged Farker
At 315 lbs, it is crazy hard to transport to and from comps. Any ideas as to be able to load easier. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance...

Humphrey pint! lol oint!! jeez

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a typo there and I am not sure what you are asking. Is that a question about a "pit"? Sounds like you need a small trailer with ramps and a small winch.

Utility trailer. I am shopping for one right now. My pit weighs in at over 500lbs. It was in the bed of my truck one time, and that was getting it to my house. Im shopping for an enclosed 6x10 utility trailer right now.
My friend has one, and he put a counter top, storage, a sink. Its awesome.

Are you talking about a Humphrey's Pint? Had one. Was a BEAST to take to and from contests. Most of the reason I sold it. Loved how it cooked but boy it was a chore to load/unload it. I had a dolly mounted on the back of the cooker for easier movement. Just wheel it up a ramp into the trailer and strap it down. Sounds easy but not so much when a 300+ lb cooker is pushing back at you. Never had any major issues but I went back to my WSMs due to portability.

If I had the money I would mount 1 or 2 Humphrey's on the back of a porch trailer. That would be ideal.

if the cooker has a flat surface you can install a few of those nylon strips so you can just lean it against the tailgate and push it in. if i ever need to transport my insulated cabinet that is what i would do.

This
f2d921d37cb0347dacecde62acefd533.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a yearning desire to put a hoist in my garage. A old-fashioned chainfall or even an electric winch.

Any way you can do that in your case? Wouldn't make sense for a one time thing, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

my truck has a 2 inch lift with larger tires. I have been using a moving blanket in it and two of us picking the damn thing up and shoving it in. We are in our 50's, and stuff does not work like it used to. I was hoping on not buying a trailer if I could get away with it.

My pit weighs 11k Trailer is only way to go! lol

Attachments

• Easter Sunday Grill With Cb (1).jpg
    Easter Sunday Grill With Cb (1).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
I can see where that would be a hell of a beast to mover around. Sweet looking smoker !!!

that is not mine. just a stock photo i found somewhere. i don't care for screws and rivets. plus mine is a little bigger of course. :rolleyes:

Back