In the oven/measly excuse

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Marty
Since my old friend Mr. Gout decided to put in his first appearance in a long time (knock on wood) I used that electric box in the kitchen to minimize my time on my ankle

First were some "Jerk" dry rubbed wings with a Cholula brush on about 20 minutes before they were done

rHNtRr3.jpg

Then cooked a pichana whole with a simple salt and pepper rub

Q7yP1MF.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nothing wrong with that. I feel for you Marty- Gout is no joke. My first attack was with both feet at the same time Could barely walk

I worked with a framer who suffered gout. Couldn't work next ta him, off ta the other end of the house fer me as I couldn't help, but feel fer the old head. I also admired the hell out of him, the man had no quit in him. Anytime a youngster started whining about a small pain we would just glance at other and have a grin over the ladyboys complaints. He knew I was earning my due as well cause now I'm the old head with all the issues. I'm gonna die with me bags around the hips just as he did and I'm happy ta share eternity with a bad motherf****r such as him.

Marty, he had success with strong Epsom salt soaks...not total, but it helped a bit! He also had a warm jar of tea with honey and raw apple cider vinegar every single morning...I don't know if that was fer gout or another ailment, but he made sure everyone knew he had a warm jar with honey and raw apple cider vinegar every f'ing morning whether ya were interested or not.

-D

It's always good to have a backup plan, and I don't care what you cook it on, when you're hungry, you're hungry and if it tastes good, it tastes good! Just tell Mr. Gout that he owes you money and you won't see him again for a while.

Marty, what set it off?

I suffer from it and control it with meds and diet these days.

It sucks!!

Food looks great as always but no way I could eat that picahna. I wouldn't be able to walk for a week! :cry: I do miss red meat horribly, though.

Marty, what set it off?

I suffer from it and control it with meds and diet these days.

It sucks!!

Food looks great as always but no way I could eat that picahna. I wouldn't be able to walk for a week! :cry: I do miss red meat horribly, though.

I am not sure what set it off. It was one of those that my ankle was fine and literally 20 minutes later I was crying.
Today I went for a 40 minute walk with no side effects so far.
This was the first time it showed up in about 5 years. (again knock on wood)

Hey Marty, I am not familiar with that cut of beef so I goggled an image search for, "pichana". I did not notice that I had the safe search option turned off until some images that looked pretty good appeared on my screen. These images don't look anything like yours and they are NSFW. I think I will do some more searching.............

Good luck with the gout!

Sorry to hear about the gout, Martry. :sad:

I've had some experience with it, and it's all all about protein intake - limit it. That means meats and it sucks.

Eat more greens for a while.

Looks fantastic, Marty!
Sorry to hear about the gout, I've heard it's danged painful! Hope you're better soon.

Great lookin' eats, Marty!
Gout is a real SOB. I've had several attacks, and it is miserable. I've often experienced them during high-stress times, though my doc says there's no way stress is the trigger. There are a few foods and beers I can tie attacks to, but I blame most of mine on stress - regardless of my pear-shaped doc's opinion.

Both those look great Marty.

When it's time to wrap anything on my offset, it goes directly into my electric box. No sense wasting good splits to heat a wrapped piece of meat that's not going to take on anymore smoke flavor.

The electric box also comes in handy when it's pizza time. :hungry:

Back