I'm Not Destitute ✌️🌶️✌️

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Sitting here sipping my morning coffee and scrolling. A really cool Drum Smoker for $2500.
A top well known brand $1299. Definitely nice looking drums. I've had the OG PBC $225 free shipping and rubs. Sold 5+ years later and got half my money back. Went a while without a drum. Missed drum taste, to me it's the perfect cross between smoked and grilled, and started looking. I decided the PBC-Mini would be a good cooker for two. When I went to order PBC-Mini shipping had been stopped. Not sure why. One day brethren AClark posted Walmart clearing the Oklahoma Joe's Bronco for like $125. My local Walmart was out but a Walmart 120 miles South had one. I showed this to a Manager at a nearby Academy. They matched and took an additional 5% off. So with tax a preassembled all pieces and parts present they loaded the Bronco for me and home we go. Bronco is a great cooker. Same solid results obtained from my previous drum. I'm pondering if the $1300-2500 drums produce a better result than my 125$ drum. High ends are definitely works of art. Almost too pretty. Would be nice to have Made in USA, or at least assembled in USA.
I honestly don't think I could've gathered UDS assembly pieces for what I paid. Options, accessories, curb appeal lots of areas the high end drums win. I'm not sure in my mind they produce better food. It's all just heat and meat, right? I'm not destitute, if I ever see a Hunsaker, Gateway etc at 25% of retail I'd probably get serious.

Last edited:
Result is the same in the end, smoked meat, it’s all in how you wanna get there.

Lots of ways to get from here to OKC, but in the end you’ll still get there.

I too bought one on clearance at Walmart. Having had a couple of UDS's in the past I knew I liked the flavor drums produce. I liked my Bronco so much I added the Bronco Pro model. They are well thought out in design, not perfect but still a good design. It would have to be an excellent deal on something else to make me replace my Broncos.

Back