THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I meant to ask you but when did you add your salt. I put mine on about 2 hrs in and the outside already hard started to get dry.

As soon as beads of moisture appears on the Pork. About an hour in.
You want the Pork's own juices to dissolve the salt.

You can add the salt prior to the cook, as long as you cook immediately.
Don't let it sit

Its crazy to think just because you are from a specific region, you should prefer a specific style of Q. Cook what you like. If people around you dont like it, find new people to feed.

As soon as beads of moisture appears on the Pork. About an hour in.
You want the Pork's own juices to dissolve the salt.

You can add the salt prior to the cook, as long as you cook immediately.
Don't let it sit

Thanks, I just saw your PM. I figured you might not drop back into the thread so I sent you that PM instead.

Its crazy to think just because you are from a specific region, you should prefer a specific style of Q. Cook what you like. If people around you dont like it, find new people to feed.

I'm not really worried about it I was honestly just making a joke since the Royal is going on this weekend and it's a KCBS event.

My feeling is that more KC area Q eaters need to have this outside cultural influence called "BBQ that doesnt have to have sweet sticky sauce all of the time". I am a fan of it all even growing up in the center of Missouri but mu favorite has to be good, smoky pork, served with vinegar sauce. Nice cooking!

Back