I just did the craziest barbecue thing that I've ever done in my life.

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I got a call a couple of days ago from California on my cell phone, and like most people, if it's an unknown number, I let it go to voicemail. Whoever it was left a message and when I played it back, I was in shock. It was a person working for a production company casting for season 2 of the American Barbecue Showdown on Netflix and they apparently had gotten my name and number from someone in the Georgia barbecue circuit and were asking if I would like to fill out an application and possibly be a contestant. Not knowing immediately what my response was going to be, I pulled up Netflix on my television and loaded the first episode and when my wife got home a few minutes later, I told her about it and had her watch the first episode with me and help me make my decision. She said it looked like it was going to be a tough challenge and the decision was all mine but she would be excited for me, so I just finished the application and sent it in. If they choose me, filming will be 2 to 3 weeks long and before the end of the year, so they are moving fast on this it seems. I will let you all know what the decision of the casting company is, but I'm both nervous and excited because this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Well, you won't let us know if they pick you, I'm sure. I can almost 100% guarantee that you will sign something before you're cast that you won't tell anyone you are cast in it until they announce.

I'm pulling for you though! I thought the show was really well done last year.

Back