I had an idea... Hold my beer (read vodka...)

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So I’ve had stuffed mushrooms on the brain the last two or three nights and have made some good ones but there was something not quite right... The kids wouldn’t eat them so it was up to the Misses and I to eat them all (twist our arm...)

Today a had a thought...

Cream cheese with a splash of half and half...

A splash of of garlic

Then grated cheddar, scallions, and chopped bacon... see where I’m going?

All blended and piped into the caps on a bed of butter, garlic and Albukirky Casa Seasoning then topped with more Casa..

Cook the stems... Cooks snack...

Ribeyes one minute per side and mushrooms on the side...

Best stuffed mushrooms yet, got a tweak or two to make next time but these bacon cheddar scallion mushrooms were a hit and the kids couldn’t stay out of them!

As always, thanks for looking!

That sounds wonderful! Not sure how big of a green stuff fan you are, but those are great with chopped mustard greens or spinach mixed in as well!

Jeremey,

Love a good stuffed mushroom. Just for fun, pick up some finely shredded Great Value Italian Style Cheese. It has Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Romano, Fontina, and Asiago cheeses in the mix. Either mix it in with your mixture or just use it to top the mixture you used above. I think you'll like it.

Sam's used to stock an Italian four cheese blend that consisted of aged Provolone, Asiago, Parmesan and Roman in a 20 ounce tub. For a while it was labeled as Olive Garden cheese then they changed to Bella Collina brand, but it was the same container, color of label, contents, everything but the name. Sadly no longer carry it. But the above Great Value is a close second.

Thanks,

Robert

Haven't had those in a while but am now motivated to make some.

Hi Charles, happy to see you post! Do it!

Try chorizo instead of bacon sometime. Was that "splash of garlic" from a jar Jeremy?

Oh that would be good too Bruce!

Yea, I bought badia thinking it would be alright, it was just ok, gotta find a good brand.

Thanks for the tip Robert, we did the Italian blend night before last and it was FANTASTIC!

Sure thang Rick!

Unfortunately, my wife is not a mushroom fan at all, so I have to enjoy your pictures, or make some when she is out of town. Those look fantastic!

Concerning Choriz, the best brand I've found so far is La Banderita. Comes in a one pound package like a pound of hamburger. Did a three way comparison of Badia, La Banderita and Johnsonville Chorizo.

1. La Banderita--great flavor, nice, rough grind texture
2. Johnsonville--quite a bit less in flavor, finer grind
3. Badia--Flavor was good, but very fine grind and a lot of fat compared to the other therefore, a distant third, probably wouldn't buy again.

La Banderita readily available in Walmart in central Florida. Locally, not so much. Might have to check the one other store we have here. Population of 600,000+ in a two county area and only two grocery store chains to shop for food. I do not count Whole Foods or Fresh Market as an everyday option.

Thanks,

Robert

Back