Homemade Pecan & Hickory Smoked Pastrami = Monster Pastrami Sammich!

Love that! I snagged a corn beef this weekend for making my first pastrami next weekend. Yours looks fanfarkingtastic.

Every corned beef I've ever bought has always been a point, which is my favorite part of the brisket anyway. Not sure if I've seen a flat, to be honest. Yours looks pretty darn tasty! How does the flat compare to the points you've done?

Every corned beef I've ever bought has always been a point, which is my favorite part of the brisket anyway. Not sure if I've seen a flat, to be honest. Yours looks pretty darn tasty! How does the flat compare to the points you've done?

It seems the opposite out here - most of the corned beef is in flat form, although I see a point from time to time. However, to answer your question, I've never done a point, at least for pastrami. This one was plenty moist and juicy...

Great looking sandwich!
Katz got nothing on you. :wink:

Actually, I've been to Katz's, and this pastrami was every bit as good. I'm going to put together a full tutorial sometime soon so others can experience how easy it actually is to do.

Oh...and good to see you back here! :biggrin1:

That looks great!! Smoked my first pastrami over the weekend after 2 weeks of brining, de-brining and rubbing. Wow...it was great. I smoke/cook a lot of different things often. This brought such a smile to my face at first taste. I would encourage everyone to try it some time. It is really easy, just takes some time.

Wow, on my list of things to try this month. How did you steam it (dumb question maybe)?

We Mcguyvered a steamer by placing a pizza screen over a large pan filled with water, put the meat slices on the screen, then covered the meat with a glass lid from another pan. I'll show the setup when I post a full tutorial, very soon.

Last edited:
Back