THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETOH

Knows what a fatty is.
Afternoon plans changed.... brisket and burnt ends are done, but friends aren’t coming for another 5 hours.

I’m not worried about holding the brisket, but what is best to do with pork belly burnt ends? Haven’t glazed/sauced them yet.

I’d rather not cool and reheat, thinking of covered foil pan at 160 in the warmer of my oven... Just didn’t know if they’d dry out.

At 160 I don't THINK you'd have a problem with them drying out, but I could be wrong. That's a long time to hold.

I was mainly going to add that I'm glad you haven't sauced them yet. That's usually the part where I see them go from 'amazing' to 'lump charcoal' when I cook for family events, I always get it right up to that stage, and tell them I'll need to finish in their oven/grill. So, good call on waiting on that part.

At 160 I don't THINK you'd have a problem with them drying out, but I could be wrong. That's a long time to hold.

I was mainly going to add that I'm glad you haven't sauced them yet. That's usually the part where I see them go from 'amazing' to 'lump charcoal' when I cook for family events, I always get it right up to that stage, and tell them I'll need to finish in their oven/grill. So, good call on waiting on that part.

Thanks, I’ve got em in the warmer... I have unfortunately been performing routine quality checks to ensure they are still good. I may have a new problem... at the rate the wife, kids and I are checking quality, they may not last long enough for company to have any :icon_blush:

I cooked pb burnt ends today. Hurried the cook because rain was coming. Got done 2 hours early. I think I ate a 3rd before dinner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back