THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SeabeeCook

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Steven
Steven, AKA SeabeeCook, from El Dorado County, California.

I just purchased a secondhand Oklahoma Joe's Highland stick burner. My first cook was last night. Since I don't yet have a good supply of wood (working on that), I did two turkey thighs.

My main reason to give the smoker a test before rain sets in for the remainder of the week. I couldn't see letting it set for a week, waiting for nice weather!

I also smoke St. Louis ribs and chicken quarters weekly on a converted underground gasoline tank at my summer camp job, where I'm the chef. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Ribs being smoked over mesquite at Feather River Camp:

Feather River Camp BBQ by Steven Karoly, on Flickr

The pit was built by Lloyd Lewis, retired caretaker of the camp. Once he passed, his wife donated it to the camp. Here the pit is being burned out:

Feather River Camp BBQ by Steven Karoly, on Flickr

In the fall, I work at as the chef at a hunting camp in Wyoming. This year I converted an US Army M59 field range cabinet into an improvised smoker for ribs. It was free (I've owned it for 20 years). It wasn't the best. The cabinet is not very airtight. I experienced problems maintaining a steady temperature.

This fall I will use the Highland at the hunting camp. I look forward to smoking some venison and elk.

Here's the improvised M59 field range:

Star Valley Outfitters BBQ by Steven Karoly, on Flickr

Welocme to the asylum, Steven!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the Brethren neighbor! Just across town from you in Lincoln :)

Ok, maybe not exactly “across town”... but close enough :)

Back