THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Rising

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Aaron
Hello everyone - Aaron here! I started smoking meat 15 years ago or so on a Weber Kettle. I upgraded (albeit barely) and have been smoking meat on a cheap Char Griller offset for over 10 years. She’s basically only seen pork (and all kinds of pork), but is starting to wear out. I was luckily enough to convince my wife to let me purchase an Old Country BBQ Smokehouse vertical smoker that I am eager to use. When researching the smoker, I found that several members on this forum had already purchased it. I enjoyed reading posts and the information on the Brethren site, so here I am.
Finding pork to smoke has never been a problem at our house. My work experience probably gives me a different perspective than a lot of forum members, but I suppose I have been lucky in life as I have always worked in Food Safety and/or Quality Assurance for two of the largest pork company’s in the US. I love some smoked pork, but I now have the space and time to add some poultry, beef, and sausage links to the mix. I plan on looking here specifically for tips on things other than pork……and maybe try a fatty!

Welcome, just joined myself and noticed you are from the great state of Kansas! Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Aaron, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back