THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
I was out and about this weekend and this ribeye got my attention. Nothing special about the marbling and it sure as hell wasn't the price that caught my eye, but this was cut to where you could make the argument to call it a small standing rib roast. 2 bones thick, it weighed almost 3.5 lbs.

Pic doesn't really do the size of this thing justice. Seasoned it with nothing but kosher salt and left it in the fridge all day.

Bm35fmM.jpg

Had it going indirect for a while as I grilled some veggies and boring stuff like that. :cool: Then moved it to direct for about 2 mins per side.

jGekyt8.jpg

Split it with my wife. We didn't eat it all, but I probably could have. :icon_blush: I was slicing up what was left when I remembered that I was taking pics........so got this.

xVAnCqR.jpg

Even though it was not particularly well marbled, it was one of the best tasting steaks I have had in a while.

My helper agreed.......I looked up from the slicing to see this.

pth4Kpl.jpg

Cooked to perfection, and love the pic over the hot coals! :clap2:

Funny thing about how sometimes a piece of beef that looks just okay turns out great, and ones that look great just turn out okay. I've had that happen a number of times over the years.

Hope you'll enter this in the "Live-Fire Grilled" Throwdown:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294586

:thumb:

Exactly how I like it. Nailed it!

Some of my best steaks have also been the spontaneous, unplanned cooks.

Can’t beat a good ribeye, especially bone in. You got a great looking searon that one too. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back