THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will get run out and tar and feathered but Kraft Original. They used to make a Kraft Hot which was good but not anymore.

:tsk:

Mike,

Nothing to be ashamed of. I was raised on the stuff, although very little BBQ in my early life and most of it was baked in the oven with Kraft put on it. My childhood memories are that I hated oven baked ribs. Way too greasy and flavorless, but I can remember that the sauce was about the only thing that made it somewhat palatable.

Robert

I was raised on Kraft Original as well. I loved it on grilled Petit Jean hot dogs.
But, it seems like they changed it, or maybe my taste buds just changed.

I like Stubbs and Head Country, also Rendezvous on occasion.

I was raised on Open Pit barbecue sauce, back when it came in glass bottles. Bought it a couple years ago and it wasn't anything like I remembered.

I'm also in the vote for Yes Dear Competition Sauce. My next favorites would be Swamp Boys, and Blues Hog Mix of 60/40.

I do try a lot of other sauces from time to time, and I try some really good sauces from time to time, but the cost of shipping makes some of them affordable. One of those is Phil's BBQ Sauce from San Diego. It would be in my top three if they had reasonable shipping prices, ground shipping for 3 bottles is more than the sauce itself.

I'm also in the camp that sauce should be served on the side or just a light glaze applied to compliment the natural flavors of the meat. So a nice bold savory sauce goes a long way with flavors.

I was raised on Kraft Original as well. I loved it on grilled Petit Jean hot dogs.
But, it seems like they changed it, or maybe my taste buds just changed.

I like Stubbs and Head Country, also Rendezvous on occasion.

I have not tried Kraft in at least 35 years maybe longer. Back in the early to mid 90's, Heinz came out with some really interesting flavors that I kind of liked. But that line went away quickly. That was before discovering Head Country. Head Country was my go to sauce for many, many years until they changed the recipe. I wish Head Country had kept their original recipe. Although, I do like the new Apple Habanero, which to me is neither Apple or Habanero, and that;s OK. I also like the Hot and Spicy blend.

Robert

Back