THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DarkStar11

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
When first planning this cook, there were aspirations of attempting to fully photograph it. Well, that didn't work out...

The chicken was split in half and marinated about 24 hours.

Here it is right before going on the grill:
gaiyang1.jpg

Cooked it indirect on the kettle with Jealous Devil briquettes providing the heat, and a piece of cherry on the grate over the coals.
When the thermapen said the chicken was approaching being done, it got flipped skin side down over the coals to finish up.

Here's it is coming off the grill:
gaiyang2.jpg

The chicken was very juicy and flavorful. Served with Melinda’s Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping.
I went with a store-bought sauce instead of spinning my own to make sure it wasn't too spicy for my wife (and, to save a few minutes).
Served with lime-cilantro rice and a vinegar slaw for sides. Very simple, tastes great, and will definitely be a repeat. Here's the recipe I used.

Last edited:
I have that recipe added to my Paprika library, but haven’t tried it yet…I think you just pushed me over the edge.

(I loves me some Thai food…)

Back