THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I guess its sorta Korean style bbq. marinated and grilled thin slices of beef. Friday is normally steak night, this is a close substitute.

a cold front came through today and brought some wind. when I got home with the beef the power was out.

I didn't know how long the power would be out so I grabbed a few things out the fridge as fast as I could for a marinade.

I realized the ice in the ice maker was gonna melt, dont want it to go to waste. no flash battery is low on the phone. sitting at 9%. got the ballgame on the dewalt batrery powered radio.

fired up the kettle with the last of my lump. added some asparagus for a side. grilled a few minutes per side

the cook was only a about 6 minutes but when I came back in I was happy to see the power restored.

How did the marinade do with it being a short one? Also glad to see you don’t have an arsenal of just electric cookers :heh:

How did the marinade do with it being a short one? Also glad to see you don’t have an arsenal of just electric cookers :heh:

the beef soaked for just over an hour. the meat was thin and I stabbed it with a fork some. the flavor came through better than I thought it would. the marinade was pretty good for just whipping up with random ingredients

my turn to the dark side is nearly complete. I never would have guessed I would be the brethren champion for electric cooking. between my toaster oven and the traeger it must seem like I never shut up about cooking plugged in.

Back