THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Still dodging in and out of the store when I need supplies... Today was that day.. hit up the local meat department asked for a 2" cut ribeye. Was real interested in reverse searing with the silverbac.

So I set the silverbac to 225 smoked til steak was at 115 it.. and threw it on the gasser for a quick open flame sear. Seasoned with Oakridge carne crosta.

U6rogC5l.jpg

Here's the steak coming off the silverbac
7XWcblxl.jpg

Threw down a pretty good sear..

8BxzTY5l.jpg

fMa1d5wl.jpg

Last edited:
Still dodging in and out of the store when I need supplies... Today was that day.. hit up the local meat department asked for a 2" cut ribeye. Was real interested in reverse searing with the silverbac.

So I set the silverbac to 225 smoked til steak was at 215 it.. and threw it on the gasser for a quick open flame sear. Seasoned with Oakridge carne crosta.

U6rogC5l.jpg

Here's the steak coming off the silverbac
7XWcblxl.jpg

Threw down a pretty good sear..

8BxzTY5l.jpg

fMa1d5wl.jpg

tenor.gif

Looks great! Don't be afraid to put a "healthy coating" of Carne Crosta on your steak, it's hard to overdo it IMO. I put it on at a thickness level where you can maybe see meat, sometimes, but mostly not :becky:

^^^se a typo for what it is dude...

Nice steak blazin!

THERE... I FIXED IT... HAPPY NOW?!!!! haha.. Trust me it was a lot harder to type that than you think. Alot of confusion with numbers lol

Looks great! Don't be afraid to put a "healthy coating" of Carne Crosta on your steak, it's hard to overdo it IMO. I put it on at a thickness level where you can maybe see meat, sometimes, but mostly not :becky:

Yeah.. Well I forgot to do the 50/50 with santa maria.. almost out of all oak ridge rubs. Trying to conserve.. But I had a nice deep thought about this while seasoning the steak..

For a direct cook I will season heavily because it creates a nice crust.. But I was slightly concerned with smoking it first.. I didn't know how the carne crosta would react to the reverse sear method.. main reason why I went light on hit.

I often do bone in “cowboy ribeyes” the reverse sear method and I don’t use a different amount than direct cook and it still comes just the same :thumb:

Back