THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
2 months since my last cook. Rust has popped up scraped my 270 down and covered the inside with lard. I think it will hold up better with lard to season it vs vegetable oil spray. Just not seeing much action this year. Between budgeting, family emergencys and other crazy chit not having the time to cook. Its been idle most of the summer.
So getting it ready for next Saturday. Robyn's birthday party and its going to be loaded up. A prime brisket that was wet aged 30 days, a pork picnic roast, and chicken. Should be good.

Today it was clean it up and re-season it. Threw a rack of st louis ribs on and decided to cook the rib tips. Not really a fan of the tips but decided to cook them instead of tossing them out. Why not?

I miss cooking but when we reach our goal of being debt free it will be worth the aggravation. Hopefully then I can cook more.

Great goal on getting debt free. Not that I would know from personal experience....

Glad you were able to get the 270 cleaned up. Looking forward to some pics from next weekend!

Well tinypic.com is shutting down. Photobucket strikes again.
As soon as I find a new image hosting website I will post pics.

Back