THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I'll say this, THIS IS BY FAR THE WEIRDEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN ON THIS FORUM!! Although I haven't been to the woodpile yet LOL

That said, I'd try it only if I came over to your place and you fried it up for me to try! I don't think the missus would allow me to do the entire process. It probably would freak her out hahaha

I never thought in my life I would say this.... but....

I want some freakin face bacon!!!

That looks fantastic Joe!

Post your thoughts on the snout.

Best snout I have ever eaten.......probably not saying much :roll:, but it was like eating a piece of country ham. Nice texture, meaty.......all around good deal. I was very surprised as other snouts I have eaten were just ok at best, mostly due to the texture.

I cut it off and into the skillet to heat it up and crisp the outside a bit.

I just put it on some toasted bread with just a piece of lettuce.

Took this shot just to maybe give some idea of the texture.

If/when I make this again, I will probably eat the snout first.

Best snout I have ever eaten.......probably not saying much :roll:, but it was like eating a piece of country ham. Nice texture, meaty.......all around good deal. I was very surprised as other snouts I have eaten were just ok at best, mostly due to the texture.

I cut it off and into the skillet to heat it up and crisp the outside a bit.

I just put it on some toasted bread with just a piece of lettuce.

Took this shot just to maybe give some idea of the texture.

If/when I make this again, I will probably eat the snout first.

Really???? You can eat the snout too? Dang every day I learn something amazing on this forum LOL

"It rubs the cure into its skin"....

Fascinating post! I would love to try some of that, but I'm pretty lazy, so I'll just have to invite myself over sometime:

"Honey, I'm going to Memphis"
"To get some head"
"No, honey, from a pig"
"I'm not being rude - I mean an actual pig, like the animal"
"No I'm not a freak - not that kind anyway..."

Great stuff - thanks for putting this up!

"It rubs the cure into its skin"....

Fascinating post! I would love to try some of that, but I'm pretty lazy, so I'll just have to invite myself over sometime:

"Honey, I'm going to Memphis"
"To get some head"
"No, honey, from a pig"
"I'm not being rude - I mean an actual pig, like the animal"
"No I'm not a freak - not that kind anyway..."

Great stuff - thanks for putting this up!

Really, other than the removal from the skull, it is pretty much hands off time.

Give me about a 10 day lead time when you head this way. :biggrin1:

Back