THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My official Heritage TD entry.

My heritage is Portuguese and one thing we Portuguese love is a Festa. So much that there is even a video about going to a Festa.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJgKiEIDMhA"]Festa Song - Official Portuguese Kids HD (Thrift Shop Parody) - YouTube[/ame]

Since my weekends have been busy I decided to make Festa food while watching football here are the simple ingredients.

I like to simmer my Linguica in red wine before searing it on the grill.

You can't have a linguica sandwich w/o onions and bell peppers.

Getting my sear on.

The best bread for a linguiça sandwich is a Papo Seco and there is a local bakery that makes linguiça length papo seco's, this is the best thing to happen to bread since they started slicing it. Papo seco's are normally shaped like footballs and don't really fit a stick of linguiça unless you cut the linguiça in half. Served with an ice cold Portuguese lager the lupini beans in the first pic were actually snacks, they are so good with beer and you cant go to a Festa without getting some Tremocos.

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Back