Dessert category rules

localyocal

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
Ok we are going to be doing our first dessert category at the KCBS World Championship. It's only our 10th contest overall so needless to say we are still a little green. My questions aren't so much about what to try to turn in (I know cheesecake does well lol) but how you present turn ins. Do you turn in on a platter or tray provided or can you use your own tray, plates etc.. If so, do you get back your trays and plates after? I'm really not going to sweat it too much as it's only a small entry fee and after all of the important turn ins but as is the case with all of us, I still want to try to do well. I guess that's why we all do what we do.

Honestly just being in a position to compete in this after just a few competitions is a little bit surreal. We started by watching BBQ Pitmasters when it came out and my wife and I talked about doing a backyard or two someday. Now all these years later we jumped into the pro side and we are hooked. The great part about it for us isn't the awards, although they are fun, it's about the friends you make. Can't wait to catch up with friends we've made in the short time we have been competing. And although I don't want to be DAL, if I am it's still just an honor to have qualified to compete. Cooking for the first time with a 4 month old, a new smoker I'm seasoning today and a new trailer it should be fun.

Thanks for any input about the dessert rules and apologies for rambling.

KCBS has no rules concerning ancillary turn ins, it is soley in the hands of the organizer.
Your best bet will be to contact the person listed in charge and ask him all your questions.
As I've seen at contests it varies as to must fit into footprint of a clamshell all the way to a 2 person silver tray! Usually the help puts the utensils on a back table for you to pick up after judging ends.
Good luck.
Ed

What Ed said. You can probably find out from the listed Rep. if they don't know they should be able to point you to whomever is organizing for KCBS.

Since this is The KCBS Championship I would call the KCBS office and ask about rules. No since in wasting time here speculating what they might be. Just go to the source.

Good luck.

Robert

Back