THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
As many of you are aware, Rookie48, Dave Compton, a long-time and active Brethren member, passed away on Dec. 19, 2020. Dave was a strong supporter of the Kansas City Barbeque Society and particularly the scholarship program, which provides awards to members’ children as they pursue higher education or advanced technical training. To honor that which was important to Dave, a memorial scholarship has been established through the KCBS Foundation. If you would like to donate, please indicate that your contribution is to be applied to the Dave Compton Memorial Scholarship.

Tax deductible donations can be made via check, credit card, or PayPal. By check, mail to Kansas City BBQ Society Foundation, 2519 Madison Ave, Ste. 100, Kansas City, MO 64108. For credit card donations, call the office directly at 1-800-963-5227 or email ceo@kcbs.us to set up a donation (do not include a credit card number in your email – you will receive a call from the office). For PayPal donations, send a message to shawkins@kcbs.us.

RIP Judge #6

Even though I never got to personally know Dave, I have come to know what an incredibly giving and Loving man he was. There were not too many efforts for others that he would not partake of and give 100% to help it succeed.
I know that having a Scholarship Fund named after you, and in your Honor is of high esteem, and I hope the Brethren will equally honor Dave's Memory by helping to grow this fund to help those who deserve it.

When Dave won election to the KCBS they stuck him with the good intentioned but very untangled committee that helped KCBS members children with college costs.
He as well as current BOD member Nancy Goldsmith, et al made great strides with increased funds and straightforward rules and application processes.
Dave was inducted into the Iowa BBQ Society as a Hall of Fame recipient and was a good of a BBQ ambassador as you'll ever find.
A scholarship in his honor is well deserved use of our monies!
It doesn't need a few huge sums of donation, just a lot of small donations.
Ed

When Dave won election to the KCBS they stuck him with the good intentioned but very untangled committee that helped KCBS members children with college costs.
He as well as current BOD member Nancy Goldsmith, et al made great strides with increased funds and straightforward rules and application processes.
Dave was inducted into the Iowa BBQ Society as a Hall of Fame recipient and was a good of a BBQ ambassador as you'll ever find.
A scholarship in his honor is well deserved use of our monies!
It doesn't need a few huge sums of donation, just a lot of small donations.
Ed

Thanks Ed!

Back