THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
More often than not I cut ribs flat-bone side up. This is fine on S&P no glaze ribs, but on sticky gooey ribs meat side down affects the appearance and I do those standing on their edge. I’ve watched way to many shows and videos the last year but mostly I see ribs being trimmed meat side up. Is that for show or the way it’s done

How do you cut your ribs

Last edited:
Most of the time it's bone side up so I can see what I'm doing. The times I do sauce, I might do the vertical- but mostly still use the bone up.

Membrane off pre cook, bone side up, serrated knife

BqaaRPrh.jpg
[/IMG]

3RP4zuSh.jpg

For dry ribs I spray my cutting board with a little water and turn the rack bone side UP. I match the angle of the bone for it's full length and slice so I have equal meat on both sides. I draw the knife once to make the cut.... no sawing action.

aetiRgZ.jpg

For glazed ribs I paint some sauce on my cutting board, turn the rack bone side UP, and do the same match and slice method from above.

6nXcrqW.jpg

If you have some un-even looking ribs, stagger them on the serving plate to hide that error.

OVL8pfT.jpg

XQL79hg.jpg

Knives..... ahh, it don't matter as long as it's sharp and feels good. Usually any of these work for me.

i90a6z2.jpg

I personally like the “Cadillac” cut.Trim one bone out from three.That is for bite off bones.I really prefer the pull the bones out and toss em when cooked to my liking.Yes.I like fall off the bone ribs.So there.So do most of my guests.We Eatin,drankin and chillin.Damn a judge.

I normally do bone side up for both dry and sauced so I can get an even cut between the bones with my serrated brisket knife. If I want a better presentation, I'll touch up the sauce after cutting.

for the longest time I tried to make pretty ribs and cut meat side up, but gave that up so now it is bone up

Back