Costco Finds and Dines

haunas

Knows what a fatty is.
Went to Costco yesterday and picked up the usual Rotisserie chicken for whatever great price they have it at and deboned it then through the bones fat and inedible pieces in the crock pot to make soup for 10 hours. As we were at Costco I needed to find some meat for the week and grabbed some prime NY steaks at 9.99 a pound which was a dollar more than choice tri-tip. Also, I asked the meat department guys if they cut the kalbi on-site or is it cut and flown. They told me they cut on-site and I asked if they ever sell the uncut kalbi. He wasn't certain and so he checked and told me they could sell me a case. I asked how much was in a case he brought a prime case which was 45# and they were checking on the price. He came back and told me that the price was $3.50/# or so I asked if I could buy one cryovac instead of the case and he said sure. Two three-rib pieces of plate rib is looking GOOOOD to smoke.

Haven't gotten pics of it but I am too lazy to upload to one site only to reference that to this site...or am I wrong and I can now attach images in the additional options???

I made some homemade bread this morning too but I don't know how it came out hoping it was ok.

Kalbi = flanken short ribs

Typically 3 bone plate ribs sliced thin

IMAG4820_web2.jpg

Haven't gotten pics of it but I am too lazy to upload to one site only to reference that to this site...or am I wrong and I can now attach images in the additional options???

I can't help with the laziness :-D but I can help with posting pictures. This site has supported attaching pictures from day one, but there are other ways that provide a better experience. I've broken them all down step by step in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222929

Awesome Ron...Thanks. I think most of the time I surf BBQ forums at work (shhhh) or on my phone at home and use my iphone for most of the pics. As soon as I get home or start the cook will get some shots of the ribs and the cook.

DanB: Just what dubbaga stated. So if any Costco or Sams sells that cut ask if they cut on site and see the price.

Forgot to state the price for the prime cut kalbi or flanken style shortribs was 8.99/# so more than half off.

Kalbi may be the Korean version of the shortrib but in Hawaii we call the meat kalbi meat, a misnomer of sorts.

Back