Contest sign up procedure

didisea

Take a breath!
We have a contest where there will be more teams wanting to sign up, than there will be spots. Last year it was full in about 24 hours. I need to come up with a way for teams to sign up so that it is as equitable as it can be. I am looking for suggestions and methods if any of you have experience with this. I know how the Sam's Club sign up works, (or not) and I am not trying to sign up 750 teams simultaneously.

Use the Forum, I believe I know what contest you are talking about, but if people are directed to the forum they can post in order, that they will be there. Give everyone 48 hours to pay-up from the time they posted or they lose their spot, sort of like Sam's in that aspect. If you are going to do that I would put up registration instructions a week early and let everyone know the date and time you will open the registration page.

I say all teams with "Daddy" in the name should get in for sure! :becky:

I'll be watching for registration to go live...life has kept us out of too many events already this year. Would hate to miss this one!

Do you think last year's "celebrity" cook had anything to do with how fast things went? Plans for something similar this year??

One of the favorite comps in this area (New Holland Summerfest) has that policy and they always have a waiting list, both for teams and judges.

Easy peasy...first paid...first in. Playing favorites would not go over well...except with the chosen ones...:cool:

Back