THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey guys.. Sorry Gotta make this quick! But I did chicken wings on the silverbac.. took them inside and did Garlic/Parm flats, and Buffalo drums. The missus only likes the flats and doesn't like hot sauce.

First step.. season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. throw them on the grill. I had the cooker running 425-450
AhQszA3l.jpg

Flats are done a little early to be expected
bIJgu7Jl.jpg

Drums
afN8I7nl.jpg

Buffalo wings

C9p1Grel.jpg

Garlic Parm wings
AeELVicl.jpg

Plated pic.. The mac&cheese is home made.. the broccoli i foiled and threw on the silverbac
FQKrkekl.jpg

I love wings. Those look great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope it's ok to tag along? I just made several dozen wings on my original Silverbac last Saturday, along with a rack of pork spares. For the wings, I used Yardbird with a light dusting of cayenne over the top. 250* for an hour, then 400* for about 10-15 minutes. Just had some for leftovers and man, they are the best I've done.

sgwjXRBh.png

Hope it's ok to tag along? I just made several dozen wings on my original Silverbac last Saturday, along with a rack of pork spares. For the wings, I used Yardbird with a light dusting of cayenne over the top. 250* for an hour, then 400* for about 10-15 minutes. Just had some for leftovers and man, they are the best I've done.

sgwjXRBh.png

I'm assuming the darker color you got is from a rub or sauce? They look amazing. I was going for a specific chicken wing such as buffalo and garlic parm. So I did a simple salt/pepper/garlic so mine turned out like they would from the oven :D

I'm assuming the darker color you got is from a rub or sauce? They look amazing. I was going for a specific chicken wing such as buffalo and garlic parm. So I did a simple salt/pepper/garlic so mine turned out like they would from the oven :D

Plowboys Yardbird is fairly reddish in color so I'm assuming that contributes to the darkness.

Pellets were LJ Oak, which is my goto these days, and I throw in some LJ pecan blend as well. Lucky to have a rural king not far away. I stock up when they go on sale :)

The Silverbac is hands down one of the best cooking tool decisions I've ever made. Even as I dip my toe into stickburners for the first time, the OSB will always have a spot on my patio, and likely get the lion's share of use.

I saw in your first post that you said your wife doesn't like buffalo sauce, if she is up for something with a slight bit of heat, Heath Briles has a garlic jalapeno rub that is really awesome on wings. That might give the little something you're looking for with the garlic/parm wings. I've used it the last 3-4 times I made wings and it was great

Those look great, both wings. I assume that silverbac is a Blazn Grill Works based off of your name?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Plowboys Yardbird is fairly reddish in color so I'm assuming that contributes to the darkness.

Pellets were LJ Oak, which is my goto these days, and I throw in some LJ pecan blend as well. Lucky to have a rural king not far away. I stock up when they go on sale :)

The Silverbac is hands down one of the best cooking tool decisions I've ever made. Even as I dip my toe into stickburners for the first time, the OSB will always have a spot on my patio, and likely get the lion's share of use.

I have to travel 1 hr away to a rural king.. But good news is.. that's in the "big city" for me.. so I'm gonna make sure once a month I take the missus out to eat and pick up 4-6 bags.. depends on how long this current 6 bags last lol

Not sure what your getting at here.. But no the Silverbac is from a company called Grilla Grillz.
Oh, ok. I thought because your user name was Blazinfire, you might have the silver Blazn Grillworks and silverbac was it's nickname or something. My bad, just overthinking I guess, lol. I have a Blazn pellet cooker and thought I came across a fellow owner. Anyways, you put out some awesome food on your Silverbac!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back