Cauliflower Crust Pizza

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Somewhat late for me re: this trend as I've sworn for years I'd never make Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Never say never.

I remembered that I had a head of Cauliflower in the fridge and before it went unused I had to do something with it. Roasted Cauliflower, Cauliflower Rice - been there, done that. My wife couldn't believe her ears when I suggested Cauliflower Crust Pizza. But hey we're home and I'm always up for new (even if they're old) things, so why not give it a try. :shock:

Cauliflower -

After being cut up and run through the food processor -

As the recipes all state, squeeze out as much water as possible in a tea towel. When you think you've squeezed out enough, squeeze some more -

Mixed with 2 Eggs, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian Seasoning to make a "dough" -

Spread onto a baking sheet, spray with some EVOO cooking spray to help brown it -

Meanwhile, out on the Blackstone -

Topping #1. Bacon -

Topping #2. Shrimp & Garlic -

Assembled, with Tomato and Mozzarella -

And it's done -

Ya know, for something I've resisted making for many years 'cause I thought it was too trendy, it was pretty darn good. A keeper of a recipe.

I think next time I may spread the cauliflower dough a bit thinner to make it a little crispier, but this turned out quite decent for a first attempt.

Thanks for checking in on this post.

Regards,
-lunchman
(you can teach an old dog some new tricks)

Looks good. I have read a lot about cauliflower crust. I do keto and always do fathead crust when I do pizza. Lots of calories though.

Looks good. I've used a variety of cauli crusts and they've all been pretty good thin crusts. I toast the crust first, cuz otherwise the center stays mushy.

Looks good. I've used a variety of cauli crusts and they've all been pretty good thin crusts. I toast the crust first, cuz otherwise the center stays mushy.

Yep, I failed to mention in my list of steps that I baked the crust at 425F in the oven for about 15 minutes. This was prior to adding the toppings after which it went back in the oven to melt the cheese for about 5 to 7 minutes. Some recipes say you can flip it to help crisp the other side but I wasn't taking any chances.

Looks great from here and with those toppings no way you could go wrong.

Nice Dom.....one thing I have found making them a couple times before (with pretty much the same recipe you have), is that I find you need to bake the crust for much longer than the recipe states. It gets a nice golden brown and really firms up. I then take them and vacuum seal and freeze them for convenience.

Back