Cast stainlees bbq grills - are they better??

Q-Saucy

Found some matches.
Hi all, i am looking at getting a natural gas bbq šŸ˜‹ , to compliment my charcoal smoker for some rotisserie etc...

Looking at a Napoleon, with stainless steel grills (are these hard to cook on?) And they also have a "special edition phantom" coming with cast stainless grills --- are cast stainless better ?

I have only cooked on cast iron, looking for fast easy cleanup but good cooking results a must...

I understand broil king and some others have these on their top of the line grills...

Any feed back would be appreciated :becky:

Cast stainless grates are less prone to rust vs cast iron. Both get hot and retain heat well for searing. Stainless will not deteriorate over time. If neglected, cast iron will deteriorate. The phantom looks cool, but itā€™s literally just a blackout version, from what Iā€™ve seen.

Thanks, i mentioned the phantom only because it has the cast stainless, but its more hype than function imo..
I am curious if cast stainless cooks better, or cooks like cast iron but without the rust, i just dont want the fuss of cast iron on this grill.

No special requirements. Keep them clean after each cook. Light coat of oil if grilling. Lower temps or high fatty foods, the rendering of fat will keep them oiled during the cook. Thatā€™s the great thing about stainless, theyā€™re so easy to maintain. Think of them as stainless pans. Once maillard reaction is achieved, food will self release off the grates.

My Broilmaster has all stainless parts.
I've had it 22 years
Grates are in great shape
I've replaced the burner twice in 22 years

I ordered a napoleon with alll stainless grills and side burner grill, with rotisserie ... coming tues, this will be anoce additionto the egg style charcoal Q smoker....

Back