Camp Chef FTG600 or Tundra 3 Burner?

George1

I am thinking about either the Camp Chef FlatTop 600 or the Costco Camp Chef Tundra 3 burner stove. This is primarily for home use. I know the Tundra has 3x30,000 BTUs vs the FTG 600's 4x12,000 BTUs. After watching some videos, the FTG looks like it has enough heat - any thoughts? The Tundra is cheaper although when you add the cost of side shelves the price is much closer.

The FTG would be easier to move/use at home and has nicer side shelves and two additional shelves in the cart.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I went with the flat top grill 600. Brought it home yesterday. Now to assemble and use. Not sure what to cook first - smash burgers?

I have the Tundra 3X that I purchased from Costco. It gets plenty hot enough, to cook a griddle heaping with home fries.

I also like that it is portable for camping to use use at someone else's home. I also like the add-on modules for it. I have the 2 burner griddle, a single burner for two separate heat zones, and I also have the full width 3x griddle. I also bought the rectangular dutch oven for large pots of soup / chili while cooking other things.

Last edited:
Back