Buttermilk Pancakes and Sausage

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
My wife and I were both in the mood for pancakes this morning and Buttermilk Pancakes and Breakfast Sausage were sounding good. I just happened to have some buttermilk in the fridge and used a recipe from the King Arthur Flour website.

Sausages get a head start -

mZGJMJi.jpg

It's nice being able to griddle all the pancakes at one time (not that we're eating that many for breakfast) -

1bXPvff.jpg

XrI5AoK.jpg

Breakfast is served (yep, that's a Cracker Barrel syrup bottle, though we used a Vermont Maple Syrup instead :biggrin1: ) -

FsF8o51.jpg

8WjyICp.jpg

a11I7NX.jpg

xoMVwcZ.jpg

Definitely a hearty pancake breakfast!

And as an added bonus, I had some Chicken Thighs dry brining in the fridge which needed to be grilled. No prep pics, but I used a three bowl method today, slightly different than I've used in the past.

Bowl 1: Equal parts Rice Flour and Potato Starch. Why rice flour? 'Cause I was being lazy and it was right at hand in the pantry as opposed to using a stepstool to reach the AP Flour.

Bowl 2: Egg wash with one egg and milk

Bowl 3: Lefty's

Getting started on the 18" Weber -

BqBxOgA.jpg

7aEdL08.jpg

cJAI7Wa.jpg

Plated pics -

eql1Psq.jpg

C7jT9oa.jpg

IqQEIBg.jpg

Although these were planned for tomorrow, my wife and I had to dig into one. :rolleyes: These were just as good, if not better as any I've ever made, not sure if the potato starch and rice flour attributed to that or not. It certainly didn't hurt. And as always, Lefty's is a winner.

Thanks for reading through to the end of this thread.

Regards,
-lunchman

After 1/4 of that pancake and sausage plate I'd be ready for a nap!

Looks fantastic!

Whoa! Brother! I just want to forgo all the things i want to do and just move in. I'll mow the lawn and do weeding. Ok I'm not that easy. But....? :icon_blush:

All of that food looks cooked to perfection! I see that Marty has had an influence on you to do multiple cooks in the same day :wink:

Yep, Marty has been a good influence. I didn't post the pics of the smashburgers, dogs, home fries and grilled veggies on the Blackstone prepared after the chicken. We offered to feed the family after a day of moving my wife's brother from one house to another. Fortunately he had a moving company but there was still a lot for the younger family members to do in the move. Our contribution: dinner for them. It was most appreciated and no problem for me and the Mrs.

2 thoughts:
1) the pancakes and sausage look great. Just a half gal of milk and. Pound of butter from Heaven.

2) based on your previous posts I got some Lefty’s. It’s as advertised.

THANKS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I'd be interested in seeing your breakfast sausage recipe.
Unless it's a family secret or something.

Back